RE: [gtkmm] Picture Scaling question

From: David Kinyanjui <david i2software com>
To: gtkmm-list gnome org
Subject: [gtkmm] Picture Scaling question
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 16:33:06 -0600

Hey;
I have a fixed size Gtk::Image widget ( width: 168 by height: 90) that I'm using to display a patient picture. The problem that I'm having is that if the loaded picture that need to be displayed is bigger than the allocated space, it tend to be disformed or in other word it's diplayed partially (can only see some part... e.g from nose bridge and up).

Here is an example on how I'm loading the picture corresponding to the given IdNO:
if (txtIdentificationNo->get_text() == "71924")
{       //load oldwoman.jpg
//config.picturePath is file path ...folder where picture have been stored

pixPatient->set(config.picturePath + "oldwoman.jpg"); //config.picturePath is file path ...folder where picture have been stored
}
Now, I'm kindly seeking some help or ideas on how I can scale these picturing during loading so that they can fit without getting disformed or parts being hidden during diplay.

Use Gdk::Pixbuf, it has some scale functions that are quite usefull.

¿Estás dispuesto a una cita? Conoce gente en MSN Amor & Amistad. http://match.msn.es/match/mt.cfm?pg=channel