[gtkmm] asynchronous communication between threads

Hello,

I am new to thread programming, so this may be a stupid question but here goes...

It's my understanding, at least for Gtk+, that when you have two threads that
need to pass data between each other, it is better to use Asynchronous Queues
(GAsyncQueue) defined in glib.h, rather than the more error prone shared memory.

Looking through the Gtkmm reference, it appears that gtkmm does not support
Asynchronous Queues.  In my application, I have the main GUI thread, and a
second thread that processes audio data and is suppose to update a graphical
window in the GUI thread.  So can anyone tell me what the preferred method of
passing data between threads in a multi-threaded application is for Gtkmm?

Thanks!
--
Gene Ruebsamen