Re: [gtkmm] Menus and libglademm

Roger Leigh <roger whinlatter uklinux net> writes:

> Murray Cumming Comneon com writes:
>
>> Can you reproduce this problem with the menus example in libglademm itself?:
>> http://cvs.gnome.org/lxr/source/gnomemm/libglademm/examples/menus/
>
> Yes.  If I hit Alt-F and move down the file menu with the down cursor
> key, I can select the separator.

> I added an accelerator to File->Quit (C+Q) and this did work.  I don't
> know what's different in my program--I'll take a look this weekend.

I've found the problem:

If you create a menubar by hand or with libglade, everything works OK.
The problem arises when you reparent with
Gnome::Glade::Xml::reparent_widget().  This "loses" the accelerators.

I've tried various things: adding an accel group to the main window,
and then calling Gtk::MenuShell::accelerate(Gtk::Window&), but this
doesn't have an effect.

I'm sure this is caused by reparenting.

>> If necessary/possible, please put a patch for that example in bugzilla.

I'll file this when I've remembered my password!  In the meantime, a
test case is attached.

The issue with the separators being focusable with the keyboard isn't
caused by this, BTW.

--
Roger Leigh