Re: [gtkmm] convert double to char

On Sat, Dec 06, 2003 at 05:16:00PM -0500, Paul Davis wrote:
> the overhead of stringstreams can be quite significant, which is why
> i tend to avoid using them.

The majority of situations I find where I'd use (o)stringstreams is
outputting numbers onto a display/stdout/log file/etc. as is the case
for this one. Efficiency of formatting numbers is a fairly
insignificant concern when you have much more expensive operations
(font rastering, socket I/O) going on. (IMHO)

Barnaby