Re: [gtkmm] New to GTKmm; some beginner questions.

Amit BHATNAGAR wrote:

The app that I would be creating would largely deal with viewing radar
images, and I would require to do some image manipulation, (zoom, pan, filtering, contrast, brightness, display multiple images, edge detection,
mirror, etc). I would like to use GTKmm (and Glademm) as C++ would be
my primary development language of choice.

It sounds like you may be looking for realtime graphics operations on high resolution/depth images. If so, you'd probably need/want to take advantage of hardware assisted graphics, and OpenGL would be the way to go. There's an OpenGL extension for GTK+/gtkmm - http://gtkglext.sourceforge.net/.

--
Christer Palm