[gtkmm] Generating .glade(s) from within an app?

I've been thinking about making a clone of a program for the macintosh called "FileMaker Pro". In FMP you could lay out a bunch of fields and create a database, placing the fields arbitrarily, graphically. I was thinking to implement that capability I could make the program generate .glades , and save the in a .tgz along with the berkeley DB file. Do you  people have any ideas about this? Is making my own .glades even necessary?

Thanks in Advance,
Nick Nolan