Re: [gtkmm] general linux installation working

nkorde engin umich edu writes:

> Well its not too difficult to install linux source
> packages..../configure, make etc... but how do i uninstall a
> package. How do I know what exactly happened when a package was
> installed. Could u point out sources for this kind of info.

  make uninstall

If you use

  make -n uninstall > uninstall-script

you can save the uninstall script somewhere, instead of keeping the
entire source around. Although I have never tested it. It might not
work.

Yes, it is hassle, but so is installing from source. That's why it is
a good idea to use a distribution with a packaging system and lots of
packages (like Debian :-).

--
Ole Laursen
http://www.cs.auc.dk/~olau/