Re: [gtkmm] running problem on suse

> i am using suse 8.x to compile gtkmm progs. the sample prog intutorial did
> compile  but when I tried to run it this is what i get this
> 'error while loading shared libraries: libgtkmm-2.0.so.1: Cannot open shared
> object file: No such file or directory'
> But that file is there sitting in my /usr/local/lib
> What can I do to get it loaded ?

Make sure /usr/local/lib is listed in /etc/ld.so.conf and re-run
/sbin/ldconfig

Hope that helps,
~Ainsley

I did it and ran /sbin/ldconfig as root and then compiled and ran (as root)
./simple I get
Xlib: No protocol specified

(simple:1304): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:

Then when i compile as non root and run it
I get
./simple: relocation error: /usr/local/lib/libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0: undefined
symbol: g_get_application_name

What do i do now ?
Neeraj