RE: [gtkmm] textbuffer's signal_erase

> From: gagnon WPI EDU [mailto:gagnon WPI EDU]
> I've been trying to add undo/redo support to a project of
> mine. I used a
> signal handler connected to signal_insert() and it worked
> fine to add any
> insertions to the undo/redo stack. When I tried to do the same with
> signal_erase() I ran into a problem. From what I can tell, the text is
> deleted before the signal handler is called, so that the two iterators
> passed into the handler are at the same spot.

I'm not sure exactly how this signalled is meant to behave. Could you point
me to some documentation that says what it should do?

> Now matter how
> I delete the
> text, or how much I delete, my program thinks I deleted "". Is this
> stupidity on my part or a bug in gtkmm?

It might be a bug, in gtkmm or in GTK+. First we need to find out what it
should do.

I believe that Daniel Elstner implemented some undo/redo stuff with TreeView
in regexxer, but maybe only in the cvs version. You might take a look.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net