[gtkmm] RE: window fullscreen function does't work

> From: Detlef Reichl [mailto:detlef reichl arcor de]
> Am Don, 2003-08-07 um 19.13 schrieb Sagar Shah:
> > Hi,
> >         I am working on gtkmm-2.2.3 ( Red Hat Linux 7.3 ).
> I want to
> > make window fullscreen. For that I have written one small code,
> >
> >         Gtk::Window* window = manage ( new class Gtk::Window() )
> >         window->fullscreen();
> >         window->show();
> >
> It's bad practice to crosspost to different lists. And all
> the adressed
> lists are wrong for this question. Questions about gtkmm shall go to
> gtkmm-list gnome org
>

> > But it shows, small wandow. "fullscreen" function doesn't work.
> > Does anyone tell me, "fullscreen" function is implemented or not in
> In the actuell development branche it works.

Do you mean gtkmm 2.4? Why isn't this working in gtkmm 2.2? I know that I
should know this, but maybe I need to be reminded. I would try it, but am
still without a linux computer until my new hard drive arrives.

> Nevertheless you
> should not
> use the manage function for toplevel windows, caus this is
> only usefull
> for child widgets.

Yes, he will see a runtime warning/advice when he tries this.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net