Re: [gtkmm] 3 problems compiling gtkmm

OK thanks, I will see that.

Brian.

From: Cedric Gustin <cedric gustin swing be>
To: "Brian Warner" <numero_7 hotmail com>, gtkmm-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [gtkmm] 3 problems compiling gtkmm
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 12:59:12 +0200

At 12:38 PM 4/22/2003 +0200, Brian Warner wrote:
Hi,

1. I'm trying to compile gtkmm with gcc 3.2.2 and I've got several undefined reference reliable to stdc++. The problem exists because at a moment, the 'make' uses 'gcc' instead of 'g++', I had to change in the configure and makefile files to force it to use g++. It isn't normal I think, why does it use gcc ? When it uses g++, there is no more problem.

This is an autoconf/automake/libtool problem. Use the latest cvs versions, as described in the README.win32 file

2. When I launch the make, it stops each time it ends a part of the compil (atk, pango, glib, etc...). Why doesn't it goes on with the other parts ? I just have to relaunch the make and it goes on, thus there is no problem.

Probably the same thing

3. For the link time, I have to replace the files libimp-sigc-1.2-5.a and libimp-glibmm-2.0-1.a by libsigc-1.2.dll.a and libglibmm-2.0.dll.a in the directories atk/atkmm, gdk/gdkmm, pango/pangomm, etc.
Why ? Otherwise I've got many undefined references.

Again, use the latest libtool. no more impgen. DLL creation is performed with g++ -shared.

OR better, use my binaries

http://www.pcpm.ucl.ac.be/~gustin/win32_ports/

Cedric

MSN Messenger : discutez en direct avec vos amis ! http://messenger.fr.msn.be