[gtkmm] Removing MenuItem's

Hello!

I wanted to remove MenuItem's from a MenuBar and add the items later
again. Is this possible? I always get such messages from glib if I try to
add the item again:

Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_menu_attach_to_widget(): menu already attached to
gtkmm__GtkMenuItem

and on desctruction:

Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkwidget.c: line 1626 (gtk_widget_destroy):
assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

And if the MenuItem's are dynamically allocated (and Gtk::manage'd) I have
a memory leak.

Btw. are there any news with my problem of using Glib::Value<T*>?

Regards,
Frank