Re: [gtkmm] canvas event hierarchy

Am Mon, 2003-04-07 um 13.27 schrieb ERDI Gergo:
> On 7 Apr 2003, Nabil Sayegh wrote:
>
> > I reparent() the clicked column to the canvas and drag it over the other
> > table. I expected the other columns in the target table to also receive
> > the GDK_MOTION_NOTIFY but they dont. (I return false in the
> > on_item_event).
>
> Some canvas items only recieve events if/where they are filled.

Thanks for your answer.
The items are filled. Actually the column which i drag has the same
content as all the other columns.
But I need to send MOTION_NOTIFYs while dragging to the other items.

I believe the standard (gtk) way of passing events only to parents is
not useful for the canvas where elements can be moved around and thus
can be moved 'above' different objects which are not their parent.

parent should be handled more abstract for the canvas.
Maybe a definition:
parent='objects lying underneath an item' or
       'having the same x/y-coordinates'
is miore appropriate.

But I guess that this is not easy ;)

Any idea ?
Any quick&dirty solution for my specific case ?

TTF
--
 e-Trolley Sayegh & John, Nabil Sayegh
 Tel.: 0700 etrolley /// 0700 38765539