Re: [gtkmm] How to set a button back to its released(?) state?

On Tue, 24 Sep 2002 mmagallo debian org wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  I'm writing an application where there are two buttons.  If one of the
>  buttons is in the released (default) state, the other has to be made
>  non-sensitive _and_ released, too.  In time it would for example like
>  this (P = pressed, R = released, S = sensitive, N = non-sensitive)

[snip]

>  Is there a better way?

Yes.

Re-think the user interface. Perhaps two radio buttons would be better
suited? Or an optionmenu? Or a togglebutton? Or a button that changes its
label text in response to being clicked?

Long version:
You seem to need to have the user select one of two possible states.
However, it seems very counter-intuitive to manipulate something (e.g.
clicking the button) to only have it become non-interactive because of
this action.

HTH,
Tassos

--
Bassoukos Tassos   +30 31 996011 / +30 93 7109954       IT Generalist

Unix:        Your gun, Your bullet, Your foot, Your choice.
M$-CE/ME/NT: Same as Unix, BUT: No choice, and We Aim Higher.