[gtkmm] Re: [gnomemm] Problems with Gst::Object

On Thu, 2002-09-19 at 15:43, Christian Meyer wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm currently trying to wrap Gstreamer. My main problem is Gst::Object.
> I'm quite unsure if the ctor is correct. IMO I need a wrapper which
> transforms a Glib::Object to a Gst::Object.
>
> Second problem:
> It seems like the compiler doesn't like my defined macro or the macro
> used in GstObject (see
> http://gstreamer.net/docs/0.4.0/gstreamer/gstobject.html for more
> information)
>
> Any help, suggestions, rants, improvements are highly appreciated.
> I'm so damn stuck.
>
> Thanks in advance.

I have no idea what those questions mean? Please try to be precise.

However, it is clear that you don't understand Glib::Object memory
managed. In particular, you don't seem to understand that they will be
used via Glib::RefPtr. You really need to look at existing wrappers of
objects that derive from Glib::Object - such as those in atkmm or
pangomm.

Please see:
http://www.gtkmm.org/gtkmm2/tutorial/html/ch16s02.html

You have not given any information that would suggest that GstObject
behaves any differently than AtkObject, for instance. Therefore the
existing gtkmmproc macros should be enough.

murrayc usa net