[gtkmm] Re: [gnomemm] Problems with Gst::Object

On Thu, 2002-09-19 at 15:43, Christian Meyer wrote:
> Hi!
> I'm currently trying to wrap Gstreamer. My main problem is Gst::Object.
> I'm quite unsure if the ctor is correct. IMO I need a wrapper which
> transforms a Glib::Object to a Gst::Object.
> Second problem:
> It seems like the compiler doesn't like my defined macro or the macro
> used in GstObject (see
> http://gstreamer.net/docs/0.4.0/gstreamer/gstobject.html for more
> information)
> Any help, suggestions, rants, improvements are highly appreciated.
> I'm so damn stuck.
> Thanks in advance.

I have no idea what those questions mean? Please try to be precise.

However, it is clear that you don't understand Glib::Object memory
managed. In particular, you don't seem to understand that they will be
used via Glib::RefPtr. You really need to look at existing wrappers of
objects that derive from Glib::Object - such as those in atkmm or

Please see:

You have not given any information that would suggest that GstObject
behaves any differently than AtkObject, for instance. Therefore the
existing gtkmmproc macros should be enough.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net