[gtkmm] libglade for gtkmm

all,

We are working here on the design of a program that
will have a plug-in architecture and use either dlopen
or g_module.  Each developer who writes a "plug-in"
needs to be constrained to make the plug-in follow out
style guidelines. In addition, many plug in developers
may not know gtk or gtkmm. So we want to make things
easier for them.

We are considering developing our own xml-compliant
language, called Interface Definition language (IDL).
In this language they would define what widgets the
developer could use, along with any applicable
tooltips or names (e.g., a button might have a name,
such as push me).  We are working on setting up
details, such as how the buttons will be automatically
arranged, where they would be located, etc.  We would
then instantiate this when the program is run.

We have been planning to write our own code to do all
this, but I would like to consider using libglade. I
have several questions: 1.) is libglade still beta?
Has anyone used it successfully, and 2.) can I adopt
libglade to work like I want it to? Or are we better
off writing our own code to do this?

Any comments and questions would be appreciated.

Sarah Leitner