Re: [gtkmm] configure_event in drawing area

On Thu, 12 Sep 2002 09:58:15 -0400
Paul Davis <pbd op net> wrote:

> >I need to draw to the window before a user choose to view it. Is there a way t
> >o do this init earlier? If I try to init the pixmap in the ctor it segfaults..
>
> all drawing to on-screen drawables is done from an expose event
> handler.
>
> configure events can be used to set up off-screen drawables and/or to
> note the sizes of windows.

Yes I know, I don't draw anything in the on_configure_event, the problem is that I have to draw to the drawingarea before it is shown for the first time, and it seems like on_configure_event is executed when the drawingarea is shown for the first time. If click on the notebook page where this drawingarea is and then click on another notebook page, then everything works fine when i do the drawing. If i draw without clicking on the notebook page where the drawingarea is it doesn't work.

/Daniel