Re: [gtkmm] Glib::ustring bug?
- From: Paul Davis <pbd op net>
- To: "Robert J. Hansen" <rjhansen inav net>
- Cc: Joe Yandle <jwy divisionbyzero com>, Martin Schulze <MHL Schulze t-online de>, gtkmm-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [gtkmm] Glib::ustring bug?
- Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 14:52:10 -0400
>> it correct too. however, once you've got the std::string, you then
>> need to use std::string::c_str() on it to get the data as a C-style
>> string, which is what you wanted to do.
>No, it is not what I wanted to do. I was feeding it into a
>stringstream, not a c_strstream [*]. Whenever possible, I avoid using
>C-style strings--as should, IMO, pretty much every C++ programmer.
>[*] A little humor on my part. Yes, I know there's no such beast.
sorry, i was confusing your original message with the one about
converting string variables into scalars.
] [Thread Prev