[gtkmm] Re: [gst-devel] Io synth progress update

On Sat, 31 Aug 2002, Phil Frost wrote:

> The test program I wrote runs, but when linked with electric fence,
> crashes.

[Could you post my replies to Bugzilla please, I have flaky net access at
the moment]

I tried your test program again, this time with efence. It segfaulted only
when I tried closing the window -- which seems totally unrelated to the
problem at hand:

#0  SigC::Control_::destroy() (this=0x43d10ff4) at object.cc:72
72	        n = l->next_;
(gdb) bt
#0  SigC::Control_::destroy() (this=0x43d10ff4) at object.cc:72
#1  0x402faaf1 in ~ObjectBase (this=0xbffff738) at object.cc:117
#2  0x4016c6ff in ~Main (this=0xbffff734) at main.cc:360
#3  0x0804ce2b in main ()
#4  0x407aa0bf in __libc_start_main () from /lib/libc.so.6

And maybe it's even fixed in gtkmm HEAD, I'll try updating it and then
trying it again.

So, the conclusion is: even with efence, I can't reproduce your problem.

--
   .--= ULLA! =---------------------.   `We are not here to give users what
   \     http://cactus.rulez.org     \   they want'  -- RMS, at GUADEC 2001