Re: [gtkmm] Pixbuf memory management

Am Die, 2002-10-29 um 08.01 schrieb Murray Cumming:

> But this doesn't take a copy of the data.

Right.  That's a feature.

> But it would allow Jussi to
> make his own copy and use this to ensure that the copy was deleted
> later.

Or just don't make a copy and use the callback to free the original
data.  I think that's how it's supposed to work.

> I'd still like to see this improved in a future gtkmm.

Hmm, I don't see why.  create_from_data() is a low-level interface and
doing a copy would render it useless IMHO.  If you want high level
operations then load the image from a file.  And if you can't do that
there's always the alternative of writing to the buffer returned by
get_pixels(), as Gergo suggested.

--Daniel