Re: [gtkmm] XML Parsing

On Mon, 28 Oct 2002, Barta Andras wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Oct 2002, ERDI Gergo wrote:
>
> > I'm pretty sure you're not going to find the phrase 'xml parser' in
> > connection with GMarkup in the Glib documentation, because it's not.
>
> The documentation of glib
> (developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/glib/glib-simple-xml-subset-parser.html)
> says:
>
> The "GMarkup" parser is intended to parse a simple markup format that's a
> subset of XML.
>
> Did I misunderstand something?

My point was that you shouldn't try to use GMarkup to parse XML, it's just
a parser for hierarchic data stored in <>-enclosed markup tags, but it's
_not_ XML.

--
   .--= ULLA! =---------------------.   `We are not here to give users what
   \     http://cactus.rulez.org     \   they want'  -- RMS, at GUADEC 2001