Re: [gtkmm] Graphics in Gtk

On Thu, 24 Oct 2002 14:58:20 +0530
Krishnakanth K <kkrishna mihy mot com> wrote:

> I actually want to include pixmaps on top of buttons.
> ( I read in one of the manuals regarding this that by removing the label on
> top of a button we can include pixmaps).

> When I am doing this I am using the "gnome_pixmap_filename" function
Don't. I do not know what this function does but I am firm you don't need
GNOME here.

> I have my own doubts here
> 1. whether we can load .png images as pixmaps
I guess you have to compile Gdk-Pixbuf with libpng-support enabled and then
convert it to a Pixmap. You can then add the Pixmap to the empty button with
Gtk::Button::add().

GIMP does the job, see http://www.gimp.org/

> 3. what are all the valid extensions of pixmap files.
You can name them as you wish, but "xpm" is the usual extension.

Leslie