Re: [gtkmm] problems with pango

Am Mit, 2002-10-23 um 19.55 schrieb Martin Schulze:

> Note that *it returns a Item object rather than a Item* pointer.
> This is not obvious from the documentation. (@All: How can this
> be improved?)

I daresay this is an API bug rather than a documentation bug.  It should
return Glib::ListHandle<Pango::Item>.  I'll look into it.

> Glib::ListHandle<> is easy enough to use. If you find it hard or
> impossible to use it directly (it is not meant to provide a full
> stl style list API) then you can easily convert it into an
> std::vector, std::deque or std::list using the conversion
> operators as shown above.

Eeeek.  Actually you should *never* use the *Handle<> types directly.
They only have an STL-style interface to allow efficient conversion to
STL containers.

> The only thing non-obvious is
> that "value_type" is always the dereferenced pointer.

That's not true (at least it isn't intented to be that way), see above.

Cheers,
--Daniel