Re: [gtkmm] connecting to an checkbutton in a listview

Am 2002.10.17 16:18 schrieb(en) Daniel Sundberg:
On 17 Oct 2002 14:53:27 +0200
Bart Hakvoort <bart hakvoort castel nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'll try to connect a callback to a signal_toggled() emmited by an
> checkbutton in a listview. But whatever i try, i still get the same
> compile error. Hopefully this two lines of code illusrtates the problem,
> if not, i'll can always add more.

> Gtk::CellRendererToggle* pRenderer = Gtk::manage( new
> Gtk::CellRendererToggle() );
> pRenderer->signal_toggled().connect( SigC::slot(*this,
> &LijstDagdeel::listview_on_cell_toggled) );

Did you declare listview_on_cell_toggled as:

LijstDagdeel::listview_on_cell_toggled(Glib::ustring)

?

Otherwise you can write:

pRenderer->signal_toggled().connect( SigC::hide<const Glib::ustring&>(
   SigC::slot(*this, &LijstDagdeel::listview_on_cell_toggled) ) );

You can only directly connect a slot to a signal if the template
parameters of the two classes Glib::SignalProxyX and SigC::SlotX
as returned by SigC::slot() are identical.
This is not the case if the return type, the number of parameters or
the parameter types of the function you pass into SigC::slot() differ
from the template parameters of the Glib::SignalProxyX object you try
to connect to.
For more detailed information please have a look at the documentation
of libsigc++.

Regards,

  Martin Schulze

Daniel Sundberg