[gtkmm] Re: [Re: [gtkmm]

On Thu, 10 Oct 2002, Murray Cumming wrote:

> This means nothing without test code to prove it. I belive that widgets and
> their containers respond to premature destruction, and that it's a GTK+ bug if
> they don't.

BTW, I use 'delete' to force widget destructions in lots of code and have
never seen a problem with it (with a forced refcounting scheme, you'd
only be able to 'unref' a widget and wouldn't be able to make sure it's
destroyed -- which is often what you want if you want to re-organize the
GUI)

--
   .--= ULLA! =---------------------.   `We are not here to give users what
   \     http://cactus.rulez.org     \   they want'  -- RMS, at GUADEC 2001