Re: [gtkmm] "manage" and Glib::RefPtr

Am Don, 2002-10-10 um 19.01 schrieb Daniel Elstner:
> Am Don, 2002-10-10 um 18.29 schrieb Christof Petig:
>
> It's no add-on, GTK+ does it itself all the time.  If we'd do it the way
> I'm proposing but without enforcing the use of RefPtr<> we wouldn't even
> loose backward compatibility.  It'd be dangerous (at it is now) and
> allow bad style though.  (Yes, I really think that using delete in high
> level C++ code is bad style.)

Sorry, I've to correct myself:  My proposal would include that gtkmm
methods return RefPtrs to widgets instead of plain pointers, so it can't
be source compatible.  I think that this would be the only sane thing to
do -- refcounting isn't something you can decide to use at construction
time and then forget about it.

­-Daniel