[gtkmm] Callback for signal_delete_event

What is the right signature for a method that must act as a
callback for signal_delete_event()?

I am using gtkmm 1.3.23 and libgnomeuimm 1.3.10.

I have a class that is derived from Gnome::UI::App and its
constructor has this statement:

    signal_delete_event().connect(slot(this, &MyApp::onExit));

The callback is the following:

    bool
    MyApp::onExit(GdkEventAny *)
    {
        Gtk::Main::quit();
        return true;
    }

This signature seems to follow what this page suggests:
http://www.gtkmm.org/gtkmm2/reference/html/classGtk_1_1Widget.html

There are no 'using namespace' directives in my code.

g++ (2.96) gives several lines of ugly error messages complaining
that some arguments can't be converted.

It might be simpler for me to copy an existing compilable example.
Is there one?  Thanks.

--
Pierre Sarrazin <sarrazip at sympatico . ca>