Re: [Re: [Re: [Re: [[gtkmm] technical question: GTKMM_LIFECYCLE]]]]

>On the other hand, if you're trying to use the same pad object in two
>different hierarchies, then you're already violating Gtk idiom (I think)
>which wouldn't allow the same widget to appear in two different widget
>hierarchies

as another outsider, this observation seems central. however, it
prompts me to ask whether the gtk idiom exists at the GObject level as
well as the GtkObject level. my guess would be that it does not, and
since Gst::Object is modelled on Glib::Object, this particular
observation might not apply.

--p