Re: [gtkmm] MFC's UpdateData() equivalent ?

On Wed, 2002-11-06 at 22:07, Gopal Sumathi (Princeton-intern) wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm translating GUI written using Windows MFCs to use GTKMM instead.
> Is there a method equivalent to UpdataData() of MFC's Container class?
> Basically this method can be used to copy displayed data into the associate
> widget-variable and vise-versa. When a method in the container class, it
> should be able to update variables of all its children.
> In the same context, are there variables associated with widgets ? i.e. if
> its a Gtk::Entry , is there an associated variable, that holds associated
> data ?

gtkmm treats dialogs differently to MFC. To access or change the value
stored in, say, a Gtk::Entry, you use the methods of the Gtk::Entry.
There are no widget variables or equivalents of the UpdateData() method.
So to get the text out of a Gtk::Entry, use entry.get_text(), and to put
it in, use entry.set_text(mystring).

Hope that helps.