[gtkmm] Changing columns in TreeView

Hi,

What is the recommended method for changing the number of columns in a
TreeView on a ListStore model?
(eg. if the number of columns is dynamic based on some calculation,
triggered by user interaction).

Is it possible to change the list of columns set in a ListStore (given in
the ListStore::create function), or is it necessary to create a new
ListStore?

If I have to make a new ListStore, could I at least reuse the same TreeView
by removing all the columns, calling set_model with the new ListStore, then
adding the new columns?

I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts on this.

Dan