Re: [gtkmm] TreeView Design

On Thu, 2002-07-18 at 13:17, Daniel Evison wrote:

> It is possible to separate the dependency.  It seems the main issue comes
> down to the fact that the TreeView class requires the data to be in a
> certain type of model, and that the information must be copied by value into
> that model.  I think it would be better if it could interface with data in
> various formats (including standard C++ containers), through functors,
> functions, etc.   It seems to me like a simpler approach too (though I don't
> understand the inner workings of gtk and its assumptions and constraints).

You are mostly right, but you seem to forget that Gtkmm is just a
wrapper around Gtk+. Because of Gtk+ design we can't really do much more
than current API does.

--
struct Sig {
  string name("     J a r e k   D u k a t     ");

Czy arogancja wladzy ma jakiekolwiek granice?
>>> http://link.interia.pl/f162c