Re: [gtkmm] TreeView Design

On Thu, 2002-07-18 at 08:43, Daniel Evison wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to understand the design rational of TreeView, and have some
> questions please:
>
> (The examples are from example_treeview_editable_cells.cc in gtkmm-1.3.18)
>
> Looking at the way TreeView is used, it seems there are three levels:
> 1. the underlying model - eg. CellItem_Product

Some of the demos are coded bizarrely. This one is obviously very
stupid. We needed to translate the C demost to C++ to prove that it
could be done. But we now need to create sensible examples. C doesn't
have those so we haven't translated them already.

The book chapter doesn't have that extra level of complication:
http://www.gtkmm.org/gtkmm2/tutorial/html/ch10.html

> 2. another model - eg. Gtk::ListStore
> 3. the view - eg. Gtk::TreeView

[snip]