Re: [gtkmm] TreeView reference documentation

On Sun, 2002-07-07 at 00:33, Morten Brix Pedersen wrote:
> I don't understand the description for this method:
>
>     template <class ColumnType>
>     int Gtk::TreeView::append_column ( const Glib::ustring& title,
>     const TreeModelColumn<ColumnType>& model_column ) [inline]
>

>     Appends a View column with the appropriate CellRenderer for the Model column.
>

> A CellRenderer? The function takes no CellRenderer arguments, I don't
> understand what this means.

It means that, if model_column is a TreeModel::Column<Glib::ustring> or
TreeModel::Column<std::string> then it will use a CellRendererText.

If it's a TreeModel::Column<bool> then it will use a CellRendererToggle,
and if it's a TreeModel::Column<Gdk::Pixbuf> then it will use a
CellRenderPixbuf. It's worth mentioning in the reference documentation
because GTK+ in C requires you to specify what CellRenderer needs to be
used.

murrayc usa net