Re: [gtkmm] General C++ Design Question: relation of GUI toapplication

>    One thing I don't understand is why  static gint _callback( void *arg)  {
>is preferable to static gint _callback( Foo* arg) { ...
>Experiment shows the GCC compiler will accept things like  static
>gint _callback( Bar* arg) { ... where Bar is a class.
>However, I don't know whether the code does what is expected.

the requirement for static gint _callback(void *arg) isn't part of
gtkmm. it comes from using GTK+ directly or some other C language
system that requires such things. gtkmm wraps all such things in
typesafe ways as i showed with Gtk::TimeoutSig.

--p