Re: [gtkmm] TextView chapter: section titles?

On Tue, 2002-12-31 at 07:44, Murray Cumming wrote:
> Would anyone like to suggest some section titles for the book's
> TextView chapter? See the TreeView chapter for an example.

Do you mean essentially suggestions for coverage?

Things I can think of might be:
- paragraph justification (one paragraph left, the next right)
- font color, italics, etc. word by word
- controlling where ctrl-arrow takes you (example: Evolution has a weird
behavior of taking you to the end of the word on a ctrl-right arrow and
to the beginning of the word on a ctrl-left arrow)
- how to have a column where you would show the line numbers for the
other column, like the line number column in nedit (unless that is best
done by two side by side TextViews)
- how to change selection behavior, maybe for column highlighting

I don't know enough about the TextView yet to suggest actual exact
section titles, but those are the things I might be curious about one
day.  So far I've been using mostly other widgets for all that I'm
working on.

I just figured I'd offer something here since there has not been any
other replies yet.

--

Mark
http://www.utdallas.edu/~mej017200/