Re: [gtkmm] new thread vs. fork to play a sound on button press

On 25 Dec 2002 20:35:19 -0500
Mark Jones <mark jones106 verizon net> wrote:

> new thread vs. fork to play a sound on button press
> [...]
> Is there a preferred method with gtkmm?
Regarding the above question, on whether one should rather use fork() or threads for playing a soundfile, I can say: I'd prefer threads because a fork() introduces a lot of overhead you do not need, as it is a whole process you're spawning.
Concerning the other questions I fully agree with Daniel.

Leslie