Re: [gtkmm] Request for FileSelection::get_history_pulldown()

On Mon, 2002-12-23 at 03:21, Murray Cumming wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-12-23 at 03:26, Mark Jones wrote:
> > I need to hide the history pull down in my file selector dialog.
> > Currently it is easy to hide the file or dir list because these two
> > functions exist:
> > Gtk::FileSelection::get_dir_list()
> > Gtk::FileSelection::get_file_list()
> >
> > and they can be used like:
> >
> > dialog.get_dir_list()->get_parent()->hide();
> >
> > Though it may be pretty uncommon, I doubt that I will be the only one
> > who ever wants to hide the history pulldown.
> >
> > Of course, I can do this without any additional functions, probably by
> > grabbing the underlying gtk object, and then using a gtk function on it,
> > but ideally it would be nice if I could just do:
> > dialog.get_history_pulldown()->get_parent()->hide();
> >
> > Is it possible to add these two functions to Gtk::FileSelection to
> > gtkmm-2.2?
>
> If, and only if, that struct field is public then yes, if you provide a
> patch.

Then I shall!  :)

I need help with cvs though.  I tried:
cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anonymous anoncvs gnome org:/cvs/gnome co gtkmm2

but that did not give me any source files at all.  I got a lot of .hg
and .ccg files instead and no configure script.

--

Mark
http://www.utdallas.edu/~mej017200/