[gtkmm] TreeView Column Buttons

First off, I apologize if this is a dupe message. My settings on the mailing list were off, as I'm in the process of changing email addresses.

Is it possible to replace the "Buttons" at the top of each column in a Gtk::TreeView with an entirely different widget? I don't mean just put the widget inside of the button... I want the widget to fill the entire region, not just what is considered inside of that button.

I wrote a custom time-line CellRenderer which works well, but I'm trying to figure out a way to display the what time-region the cell covers... A Gtk::HRuler (or similar) widget would be perfect for that position, so that I could easily read off the the time.

If I cannot do this, does anyone have and suggestions to implement something similar in a TreeView?

Thanks

--- darco
http://www.deepdarc.com/