[gtkmm] Problem with mysqlclient and gtkmm

Hello every one...
  I have a simple question, did anyone had trouble using mysql with gtkmm 2.0? I think my problem is thread releated but because as soon as I use the mysql calls, the application core dumps in a very unpredictable way but if I remove the calls, the application runs smoothly.

Current setup:
Dual Athlon running Gentoo rc1.4 with
mysql-3.24.54 (built out of portage)
gtkmm-2.0.1 (built out of portage).
gcc-3.2
kernel-2.4.19 with the gentoo patches (based on -ac)...

Tx... in advance...

/Etienne
(don't have a witty sig right now)
http://www.linuxmail.org/