Re: [gtkmm] no SListHandleIterator::operator ->

On Son, 2002-12-15 at 22:20, triendl klaus wrote:
> hi,
>
> is there a reason why there is no ``operator ->" for the Glib::Container_Helpers::SListHandleIterator?
> (gtkmm-2.0.2)

Yes.

a) You are not supposed to use the *Handle types directly.  These are
intermediate types that convert implicitely from/to STL containers.

b) It would be impossible to implement since the type is converted on
the fly.  Thus we can't return a pointer, and operator*() has to return
by value.

--Daniel