[gtkmm] Gtk::DrawingArea -> always a border of 2 pixels??

I've got a VBox as usual, with a menu, VPaned (border=3), HPaned, Frame(HPaned_pack1(DrawingArea)), Frame(HPaned_pack2(DrawingArea)), Frame(VPaned_pack1(DrawingArea))
(created in the same order as mentioned above).

The DrawingArea is actually a DrawingArea with a derived OpenGL view (gtkglextmm) but the problem happens with both the derived view and plain DrawingArea.

Here's a screenshot:
http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/rm.vaneijbergen/border.png

And a description:
Even though I've set SHADOW_NONE to the frame containing the DrawingArea, the 2-pixel border won't ever go away.

The button below the 2 pane(d)ls has also been put in a paned, but does not show the 2-pixel border.

My question: how can I get rid of this 2-pixel border?
(is it because I'm using a frame + drawingarea add()ed on top of it?)

Thanks,
Richard