Re: [gtkmm] Gdk::GC doesn't work as described

On Thu, 5 Dec 2002 22:12:08 +0100 (CET)
Torsten Sievers <tsievers rhrk uni-kl de> wrote:

> Hello List,
>
> i need to create a GC for a DrawingArea,
> following the examples in the tutorial, i can't get any result,
> it seems that the tutorial-code is not up-to-date.
> here is a code-snippet:
> (from the tutorial)
>
>   Gdk::GC some_gc;
>   some_gc.create(get_window());
>   Gdk::Color some_color;
>   Gdk::Colormap some_colormap(Gdk::Colormap::get_system());
>   some_color.set_red(65535);
>   some_color.set_green(65535);
>   some_color.set_blue(0);
>   some_colormap.alloc(some_color);
>   some_gc.set_foreground(some_color);
>
> i create all necessary things (i think)
>
> but the compiler says that Gdk::GC is protected (which is correct
> according to the includes and the API-Reference)
>
> it says also, that Gdk::Colormap::get_system() is undefined.
>
> can somebody please give me a correct version of the code-snippet
> so i can work on?
>
> TIA
> --
> Greetings
>   Torsten

I got that kind of figured out, but i dont think it's the right way since it's all messy.
Most functions are now refptrs it seems, so you have to use the -> operator to get the data,
instead of ".". However I dont understand what to do in case of having to pass those
as argument, since it begs me for a refptr instead of creating one from the object i pass
using a copyconstructor.

Juan Linietsky