Re: [gtkmm] Re: How to restore cursor?

On Wed, 2002-08-28 at 17:25, ERDI Gergo wrote:
> On 28 Aug 2002, Murray Cumming wrote:
>
> > > I hope you don't mean you wrote a set_cursor override.
> >
> > I meant "overload". I must stop doing that.
>
> Actually, I meant overload as well
>
> > > That won't work in
> > > other cases, like Gnome::Canvas::Item::grab.
> >
> > I don't understand. It's just meant to wrap the gtk method, which does
> > something different if the parameter is null. You can look at the code.
> >
> > > I think a Gdk::Cursor::default_cursor () static method would be a better
> > > choice.
> >
> > I think you are talking about something different, or maybe I
> > misunderstood the start of this thread.
>
> The thing is, there are some methods that have GdkCursor arguments that
> use 0 for the default cursor. If we had a Gdk::Cursor::default_cursor(),
> we could uniformly support those without writing overloads for each.

I'm not sure how we might implement that, because I know how to say "use
the default cursors (actually the parent's cursor - sometimes the root X
Window's cursor)", but not how to get the default cursor.

I suppose we could create the abstract concept of a default cursor
(implemented as a boolean) and check for it in each method that takes a
cursor. Is that what you mean?

murrayc usa net