Re: [gtkmm] TreeView and callbacks

Am 02.08.2002 23:35 schrieb(en) Stephen M. Przepiora:
Hello, A little background:
When clicking on the text widget the signal handler is not called, also
when pressing the space bar when the text widget is highlighted will not
call the activated handler.

Things seem to work fine when clicking on the pixbuf, also the button
release event is called when expected all the time.

Attached is a simple example I wrote to show what is happening. It seems
the text widget is swallowing the events or something.

That seems to ring a bell: I remember a thread on the gtk devel ml where
somebody complained that mouse motion events were swallowed by the scrollbars
of a scrollview widget. Someone replied that this is an immanent problem
with gtk2 because some widgets (scrollbars, textviews and others I don't
remember) are rendered into own windows that have an independant event queue
so that the parent widget cannot catch the events for the child widget.
So I'm afraid it's very likely that the button events of the text widget
in your example are not accessible for the tree widget. A possible solution
would be to catch the events in the text widget.

Regards,

  Martin