Re: [gtkmm] Menu accel API review

On Wed, 2002-07-31 at 23:47, Andreas Holzmann wrote:
> I've reverted Menu::popup() to its old state. You have to call
> accelerate() manually for popup menus. One reason is, as someone also
> mentioned, you don't always have a window pointer when calling
> popup(). But most important, as the current implementation calls
> accelerate in popup(), the accelerators do only work if the user
> already has opened the popup with the mouse. Only then he can use the
> keyboard shortcut. This would be very confusing for users.

So there really is no way around calling acclerate() just before calling
popup()? Because:
- We can't call it in the constructor because the menu items haven't
been added yet.
- We can't call it after adding menu items because they the Window might
not have been realized (not sure about this one).
- We can't call it during popup() because the whole point of
acceleration is that it works _before_ the menu has been shown.

So what is the best time to call acclerate()?

murrayc usa net