Re: [GtkGLExt] Mac OS X support

I don't have a Mac, but two years ago, a co-worker who does use a Mac wanted to use the GtkGLExt app that I was developing. Downloaded 1.0.5 of GtkGLExt at the time and it compiled with no problems. My app compiled on the Mac and it worked. A few little problems, but mostly with having to use fink I believe to get all the necessary stuff that GTK+ needed to use GTK+ 2.2 at the time. An earlier version was installed if I remember right.

Stéphane Brunet wrote:

Hi,

I don't know if there is any Mac programmer on this list but I suppose that OpenGL on MacOS is quite different than WGL on Windows or GLX on XWindow. Therefore, porting GTKGLext to Mac OS X seems to be more than a "./configure && make"... Am I wrong ?

Stéphane

Michael Ekstrand wrote:

Just wondering - with the Imendio project to provide native Mac support for GTK, is it expected that GtkGLext will work with that GTK port sometime not too long after it is released (for some value of "not too long")?

Thanks,
Michael