[GtkGLExt] python support for gtkglext-1.2

hello,

after many months away from gtk development, I've come back.
Now I'm working on an application written in python / gtk+ / OpenGL
I've noticed the new versions of gtkglext and gtkglextmm but last
release of pygtkglext (v1.0.1) doesn't work at all with gtk+ v2.8
(cairo based). I read that's the same reason because gtkglext/mm
v1.2.0 were released.

Is there any plan to release a new version of pygtkglext soon?

If not, could you comment the differences involving v1.0.x -> v1.2.x
path to help me to try it?

Thanks in advance,
Iñigo