Re: [GtkGLExt] 3d object picking help please

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 08:34:19 +0100 (CET)
Szabó Géza <szgezu freemail hu> wrote:
> Don't you have accidentally a working example which do this
> picking thing which you can send me? I would be a great help
> for me!!! Please-please!!! I can hardly find any opengl-perl
> tutorial and example mainly in this picking topic...

I don't have any suggestions directly in Perl/OpenGL (maybe someone
else will). However, in one of my projects, I'm using Coin/OpenInventor
to do the 3D modelling, and it automatically provides support for
picking. That said, I haven't figured out how to use its picking yet,
so I don't have any code lying around. I just know it supports it and I
plan to use it once my project gets to the point where I need it.

I don't know if there are Perl bindings for OpenInventor or Coin (GPL
OpenInventor implementation, www.coin3d.org) anywhere or not. I know
Python bindings exist.

- Michael

--
mouse, n: a device for pointing at the xterm in which you want to type.
                -- Fortune