Re: [GtkGLExt] widget in modal dialog

Sorry for replying so late, just got caught up on my email. I have experienced this problem for a couple of years. My email regarding this issue is prior to the current archives that only go back to February of 2004. At any rate I think the response was "works for me".

I did determine that the problem would not appear if I forced the application to run in software mode and not in hardware-accelerated mode. See if you get that behavior.

What version of gtktlext(mm) are you using? I have finally stopped getting these errors with gtktlext 1.0.6 and gtktlextmm 1.0.0.

Finally, what graphics card are you using? I was having problems with this on a voodoo 3 card.

Hope this helps.

Tobias Eberle wrote:
Hello,

in my application I have a mainwindow without opengl usage and a modal
dialog using an opengl widget. Starting the program and opening the
dialog works well, but if I close the dialog and open it again (it is a
new instance) or closing the whole program and start it again, I get the
following error message:

The program 'vvis' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadColor (invalid Colormap parameter)'.
  (Details: serial 13445 error_code 12 request_code 1 minor_code 0)
   backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error()
function.)

I get this message if I start then other gtkglext apps, too.
I have to restart X to get rid of this message.

If I put the widget on the mainwindow too, everything works fine.

I figured out that the problem is related to Gdk::GL::Config::create().
I call this in the constructor of my widget. If I do this in the
mainwindow instead it works again :)

Can anyone tell my why this problem happens?

Bye, Tobias