Re: [GtkGLExt] X crash in double mode

Florent Teichteil wrote:
Michalis Kamburelis a écrit :

Alex Queiroz wrote:

Hallo,

      I'm basically using the logo.cc demo as a guide, but my
application fails when I request a double-buffered mode. The error
message from Gdk is:

=== BEGIN ===
The program 'orbis' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadColor (invalid Colormap parameter)'.
 (Details: serial 360 error_code 12 request_code 1 minor_code 0)
  backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error()
function.)
=== END ===

    If a request a single-buffered mode the application starts ok.
Has anybody seen this before?

Are you requesting some additional OpenGL buffers, e.g. stencil or
accumulation buffer ? Or maybe you're requesting some unusually large
color depth ? Depending on your graphic card and OpenGL implementation
you may not be able to get double-buffered visuals if you request such
additional buffers (especially with large bits, i.e. pixel size). If
you're under XWindows, you can use `glxinfo' program to check if what
you request is available.

Note that the error message you show, "BadColor (invalid Colormap
parameter)", doesn't suggest the above explanation. But the symptoms
that you describe (program runs with single buffer, doesn't run with
double buffer) would suggest the above explanation.

Michalis

Hello,
I had that error recently, the solution for me has been to use this flag given to the executable:

--gdk-gl-no-standard-colormap

Greetings,
Luca